Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Friday, March 21, 2008

Thrilled to the Gills

The kids were of course super excited when we told them we were planning a little Spring Break trip to a hotel. Ainsley announced that she wanted to sleep with mommy, then decided she wanted to sleep with Trey, and Porter ran and got his sleeping bag/backpack and put a Mt Dew in it for daddy :)
The first thing they wanted to do was swim, then have pizza, and before the night was over, EXPLORE the hotel with their slippers on and flashlights. . pretty cute. Ryan and I enjoyed seeing how thrilled the kids got over their little Spring Break trip. . . .getting to eat continental breakfast in bed, jump from bed to bed, riding on the luggage cart, pressing the elevator buttons, Ainsley wearing her new flamingo swimsuit, and coverup, and sunglasses and flip flops :), and using the vending machine were some of the highlights! And I even struck up a conversation with a mom of three little girls. . .am constantly amazed at how moms can always relate with fellow moms, even if for a short while at the hotel pool. It reminded me of when my dad used to coach my basketball team and I would come off the court saying I met a new friend. Some things never change! And last but not least, there was Porter falling out of the bed this morning. . .his siter had hogged the bed and was even sleeping on his beloved Thomas pillow!!!! There were 3 in the bed, and the little one said, "Get me out!"

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks fun! Abbey loves to "play hotel" when we go somewhere. I took the plastic shower cap for her on our last trip and she was thrilled!