Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Weekend. . .

Our Valentines Weekend started with a party for the kids at a friends house. . .making a craft, playing games, and decorating a cookie. The kids and moms had a great time! We made heart shaped pizzas for supper that night. . . and heart shaped french toast the next morning! My niece, Taetum Elizabeth, turned 5 this weekend! I remember the day she was born. . .my sister was in labor and I couldn't drive here fast enough! Our babies are growing up! We celebrated her birthday at a motel. . .some pool party fun. . .knocking over Grampa, Porter's 1st time in the hottub, playing shark, watching me jump in twirling. . .bet you wish you could've seen that! And Uncle GooF sang "Happy Birthday" to her 5 TIMES!
When my mom handed me the key to our motel suite at dinner, I asked my husband if he would like to "forgo our individual rooms and spend a night with me in our fantasy suite" (yes, I'm a Bachelor fan). Looks like someone else (who likes his place as the youngest and wants to keep it that way) thought the bed in the "fantasy suite" belonged to him though. . .Thanks mom and dad :)And thanks GooF for the new song on my blog. . .that was very sweet and romantic of you :) I have celebrated 10 Valentines with you, and it seems like just yesterday that you and Dan bargained with the florist to get Jenny and I flowers and Bee Mine stuffed bees :) Was that 10 years ago we sent you boys on a scavenger hunt in the cold to ask you to Twirp?! Thanks for being such a supportive husband and involved daddy. . . bench pressing 80 pounds of kid. . .
I mean, who else buys coolwhip in a can on the same day as me when we've never bought it before?! :)my valentine! And who else gets worked up when we're low on milk?! :) my valentine! (apparently Porter does too, since he saw an empty milk jug today and said, "This is TERRIBLE!")
Our youngest has had a shoe fetish lately. Just a little fact about me. . .I used to like shoe stores more than toy stores :) Mmm. . .the smell (of new ones that is), the selection, I love them too Trey.Along with a fetish with the things on the bathroom counter. . .
Apparently big brother thinks he should adorn little brother with hats instead of shoes. . .any resemblence between brothers?Spring is IN THE AIR today. We could hear the birds chirping!!!! So out we went. . .
And in we came. . .Porter was so excited to write his name!! And count to 23 (with a few mixed up teens)!
I really wish this picture came with SOUND. . .you can imagine!

I love you, family!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Looks like you guys had a great V-day! I keep saying we need to just go to a hotel and let the kids swim and play but so far hasn't happened yet. I am impressed with Porter's writing skills:)

Bethany said...

I laughed out loud about the cool whip in a can and the milk comments, I love your family too!