Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birthday Boy

Look who's 3! Happy Birthday Porter William! You are such a joy. . .you keep us laughing! And it's a good thing you have such a sweet smile since you can be a bit mischievous. After all, you are a 3 yr old boy :) But truly, I am so proud of you for the way you share, love people(even though you giggle and say I don't love you to get us to say we love you. . then you get the tickles til you say I love you:) ), and most of all love Jesus. I love pushing you on the Star Cruiser "my one and only, strong and mighty, Porter" :)Any time anyone said "Happy Birthday Porter," you replied, "Happy Birthday." We had a friend party (or kid party as Porter called it) on Fri morning, where the kids got Backyardigan tattoos, played pin the bowtie on Pablo, played "Pablo Says," played balloons to backyardigan music, ate cake and ice-cream and opened presents. We had 12 little ones here and other than the shelf falling off the wall and having to search the house for Trey, it was a success :) You loved the new scooter you got. . . On your birthday morning we always make a pancake in the shape of the number you're turning and put a candle in it. This year Grammy and Grampa made us a yummy breakfast. . .and here you are, opening your tee ball set all by yourself early in the morning, and setting it up high so Trey couldn't reach it :) yes, that would be Trey in his sisters headband :)
Then your family party (or adult party as you called it) was after nap. Well, you were supposed to nap, but were too excited to sleep. We had a picnic shelter reserved for it, but do to the wind we had it indoors. We are so blessed to have most of our siblings and both sets of parents near us!!!! Thank you all for helping Porter feel special on his big day. . .here's Porter enjoying his wagon, and his new remote control truck while we sang. . .

and his bubble gun. . .

Today after church we got to try out the slip and slide and as in "we," I mean I also had to try out the slip and slide. I remember as a kid sliding down our yellow one on the hill in our backyard and it was just as fun today, except colder than I remember :) GooF got some great action shots of me, but no, I will not be posting them. . .sorry, HA!!

Porter I remember the day you were born and how excited I was to get "blue" things. I thank God that you're all healthy! WE LOVE YOU! HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY "BIRTHDAY BOY" as Ainsley says!!!The snack compartment makes a great seat for me :)

mmm. . .parties over, and someone left their cup on the floor!!! PS Trey has been saying MaMaMa Mom all night long (May 25th) I love it!


2 comments:

Hollie said...

Looks like a fun party:) Happy Birthday Porter! I am very excited for Gabe's birthday coming up in June(he is too:) Hard to believe they are 3 already!

Bethany said...

I remember we were on the road in Texas when you called me that you had FINALLY had that buff little boy! Happy birthday, Porter and great job Emily on the parties!