Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Thursday, April 24, 2008

At the wheel

Yesterday morning Porter had his little friend, Jordan, over while his mom worked our rummage. I was completely entertained watching the boys use squirt guns to shoot the "eagles," also known as blackbirds. We walked the whole way around the block shooting things with squirt guns, and to a girl with 2 sisters, this was all new to me!! They kept me busy, and was glad Porter had someone else to say "to the rescue" with since his sister just runs away and screams :) Although, Ainsley was at Grammy's for the morning and I definitely missed my girl! Then we went to Jordan's house for the kids to have a lemonade stand, and as you can see, Porter LOVED Jordans John Deere Gator! It wasn't enough for him to just be a passenger. . .we looked over, and Porter was at the wheel, driving off the curb, across the road, and into a cement pile (fast). I wish I had a video clip of that, but I was not thinking about my camera at the time. . I was running.
When we got home, Porter has a little ride on tractor and he said, "Why doesn't mine work like Jordans?"
Then last night the kids perfomed their songs for Wed night church activities. You would've thought it was a Christmas performance bc Ainsley insisted on wearing her Christmas dress. She did get a lot of compliments, and I just had to get over my wanting her to wear a new spring outfit. Have a headache, so off to finish my nap/snuggle with my baby during these afternoon thunderstorms.

3 comments:

HLC said...

Funny, glad they don't go too fast that he hurt himself. Gabe is a pretty good driver but he has had lots of practice:) If I ever get a girl I won't know what to do with her since I have two boys and a brother:)

Bethany said...

You will be an expert on boys when they are all grown up... that's funny that Ainsley doesn't like to play "to the rescue," Abbey loves that!

Flip-flop Mama said...

Not sure Abbey would like it anymore if Porter came to her rescue and tackled her :)