Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Friday, January 4, 2013

What do you see under your kitchen table?

I moved our bench seat away to sweep under the table and I had to stop and take a pic of what I found.  Seriously, all of this under our table?  What a mess!  And then I began to think about what each of those things under the table symbolizes. . .a pencil means this mama has the privilege of homeschooling (never mind I believe that's the same pencil our toddler used to write on our wall with), the applesuce container (and lid) means a toddler had a healthy snack, the straw wrapper could mean we ate BK for lunch. . .oh wait we did. . hmm, the straw wrapper means I didn't have to rush around and make lunch after MOPS.  The colorful toys. . they mean we have a healthy toddler with a loving Grammy who gives fun toys. 
I was chatting with a dear fellow mom this morning, about the way we see things.  When we see a mom snap at her kids at the grocery store, we feel for that mom. . .who knows what she is going through.  Might I dare say, who knows what things are hiding under her table?  As an outsider, we may see a mess at first glance. . .both at things in our life and things in others lives, but when we dig a little deeper, there are often blessings there.  Thank you God for helping us find blessings admist the messes. 

No comments: