Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Forgiveness

 . That mug used to have a handle.  That is, until Ryker's little hands got a hold of it this morning, and it slipped out of them.  As it happened I felt a tad angry inside. . .the smoothness of my fav mug with that yummy yellow color, was now destined for the garbage.  There were times when I had 3 small children and was overwhelmed and im sure lost my temper in these situations. . .thus, needing to go back and ask THEM for forgiveness. But this morning, I was able to look at Ryker's sweet face and sweet little hands and tell how very sorry he felt.  I was able to tell him I forgive him, just as my Heavenly Father forgives me.  This is a small thing to forgive, and I know many deal with much larger, but I am so thankful for God's mercy.  Kelly Minter touched on God's kindness leading to our repentance (Romans 2:4) this week. . . and how personal repentance frees us from focusing on the sin of others.  So very true.
Heavenly Father, may I take time today to bask in your love for me, and your kindness that leads to the repentance of my sins. . .freeing me from focusing on the sins of others.  Thank you for your great mercy. 
 
 

No comments: