Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Friday, January 20, 2012

Project Mudroom

OK, so I was feeling all proud because the majority of our kids (the word majority makes it sound like we have a lot of kids. . .well, maybe we do by todays standards, but did you know that from 1800 to 1900 avg number of children per household went from 7 to 4. . .and today I believe it's less than 1? anyway, that's besides the point) can mostly dress themselves to go out into the snow! There were days when it took me longer to bundle and unbundle them all than we actually played outside. But not now. . .so proud of my responsible children. And then they came in. . .and I was humbled by what I saw. . . I would love if some home remodel show would come build us a mudroom at the back of our garage (because a mudroom would of course make them automatically start putting their snow clothes away : )). But since I don't see that happening in the near future, I might just have to teach them to hang up their snow clothes. Can you imagine all the coats of those families in the 1800's? I guess I should read my recent post about perspective and be thankful we have warm clothes and a warm house. . . and then work some more on responsibility :)

No comments: