Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2012 Update

Ah, after enjoying all the festivities of the Christmas season, it is now the beginning of a new year. I feel blessed. God has given me a wonderful family, and I am grateful. The trend these days is to pick one word for the new year. The first word that comes to mind for me is INTENTIONAL. I am striving to be more intentional. . .in everything from how I spend my time, to modeling Jesus to our children. There are many things I am making a point to be more intentional about. Another word that comes to mind for me is SIMPLIFY. I am also striving to get rid of the "clutter" in our family's life, in order to be able to enjoy more fully the important things. I asked GooF his one word, and he said, "Donut". . .maybe that has to do with our new years tradition of making donuts and other food in our Fry Daddy on New Years Day!
I am looking forward to many things in 2012. . .growing in my relationship with Christ and with others, continuing to homeschool Ainsley, a trip down south, and many "normal" days enjoying my husband, children, family and friends.
Am praying as I start 2012, that God will lead us as far as children. I love having babies. . .the feeling of them moving in my belly as they grow, the sweetness of a newborn, nursing them, etc. But my heart is also open to children that need a mom and dad. . .those in foster care and/or adoption. But I also feel so blessed with the ones He has already entrusted to our care! Like most things, this varies so much amongst families and GooF and I are praying that God will specifically lead our family in this area. So, maybe I need a third word, PRAYER. Maybe I'm more a 3 word girl than a 1 word girl :)

Happy 2012!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Those are some great words! You are already one of the most "intentional" moms I know, especially in the way you guys build traditions for your kids.