Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Friday, June 26, 2009

Camping. . .part 2

or otherwise titled, "Fishing and the Lost Key." We woke up on day 2 of camping and DROVE to the shower house. I felt like such a mom, showering while camping. I can't forget to mention that Trey got to fall asleep in my arms that first night. . .he snuggled in and said, "love you mommy."

Back to day 2. I DROVE us back from the shower house, I think I set the key on the table in the cabin, and then I started loading the van for fishing. When we went to start the van, the key was no where to be found. We looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Took everything out of the van. Took everthing out of the cabin and went through bags. Went through the garbage can, the cooler, the beach toys, etc. Did I mention we went through the van again? We retraced our steps. We looked through the cracks in the deck of the cabin. We prayed. We called on my dad to pray. I'm not Catholic, but I even tried praying to the saint that's supposed to help you find lost things. It didn't work. The van key was lost and it still is. We had a certain fisherman that was very excited to go fishing, so we just rode in Grampa Seths pickup. And off he went. . .

It was really fun to see the kids excitement when they caught their first fish! And each fish caught after that was just as exciting! GooF caught a good 4 in whopper, which was the biggest catch of the day :) A real fisherman. . .


Look how cute he is. . .we just had to forgive him for causing a ruckus in the tent the night before :)


Ainsley's first fish. . .




Thanks for putting the worms on, Grampa Seth!


The fish that were caught. . . "why can't we keep them and eat them?". . .
Note to self: Bring an extra set of keys on vacation. Thank my husband for not getting angry with me easily. Thank my mom for driving the keys (an hour and a half drive) to us and helping with the kids while we had to get our van jump started. And that concludes camping. . .part 2.


Thanks Gramma and Grampa for taking us on our first fishing trip!

No comments: