Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Thrill of Speed. . .and then some. . .

When I see a rummage sale sign my van just kind of turns to follow it. As I was driving by one the other day, Porter saw a big wheels, and spent his 5 dollars from Gramma Milly on it. . .I asked GooF what it is about boys and riding things with wheels. He said, "It's the thrill of speed." There you have it. And now is when I start praying for him as a 16 yr old boy :)I love watching him go up to the top of driveways and pedal downhill as fast as he can before sharply turning onto the sidewalk. I recall the first time daddy had Ainsley try this. . .if you remember correctly, she was not thrilled by speed.

Ah, I am daily learning about the world of boys.

Friday night my dad was flying into the airport and we decided to surprise him. As we were driving to the airport, we saw his airplane fly right in front of us as it was landing! The kids greeted him with hugs (onlookers smiling had no idea that we see grandpa often. . it looked as though we hadn't seen him in forever :) ).

Porter really wanted to see a pilot, so as the pilot that flew grandpa's plane was walking by, I pointed him out to Porter. The pilot was so kind! He came to meet the children and gave them each a card with a picture of the airplane on it!!!! Now of course Porter wants to grow up and fly fighter jets. And now is when I start praying for him as a 22 yr old :)

I tried getting some photos of Porter for his 4th birthday party invites. . .as he was busy "fixing the tire" on his bike with a sprayer from the hose. . .
And just for fun. This lunchbox was the greatest purchase ever! I got it at a tupperware party I hosted 6 yrs ago, and GooF has used it most every day. It keeps all the food separated. . .UNLESS of course, 20 month old Trey gets a hold of it. . .

Don't worry. I just separated it back into its' compartments, wiped apple sauce off a few chips, pulled carpet fuzz off the ham, and he was good to go :)

No comments: