Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's been a year since I began blogging, and what a great outlet it has been for me!! I am so glad I was able to record some of our family fun in 2008! As I look ahead to 2009, my blogging may be "going on the back burner." I am SURE I will still post stories and pictures, but blogging is not as high on my list of priorities this year, so it may not be as frequent. . .there's Ainsley's first slumber party to plan, there's more swimming at the Wellness Center to be done with the family, there's books, including my Bible, to be read, and soon I'm off to snuggle up to watch football and attempt my first knitting project :)

But first, our New Years Eve Celebration. . .My parents graciously spent New Years Eve taking care of our children for the 3rd year in a row, so that we could ring in the new year with Matt and Michelle! I so enjoyed spending 6 and 1/2 hours with my man, eating out and playing games! We are so thankful for Matt and Michelle's friendship! No, Michelle and I didn't spend the evening cutting up confetti like we used to :)

Our tradition on New Years morning is making homemade donuts! We use biscuits in the fry daddy and then dip them in sugar/powdered sugar! It is such a fun tradition that we've been doing for the past 4 years, and we always look forward to it!

This morning we prayed for our new year. . .Ainsley prayed for all the fun things we're going to do this year, and for all the things we have. Porter prayed for a Happy New Year. Trey just prayed. . .or maybe he was just asking for his food :)

Love,



PS. . .GooF gives me til Feb. . .he thinks I'll be back blogging a lot soon :) I do enjoy it. . .just don't want to feel pressured to get it ALL BLOGGED!!! You understand. . .there's clothes to be washed and folded, etc etc. OK, so why am I still blogging?! Oh yes, because it's a good outlet for me :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I understand that feeling of having to get it all on the blog, esp. since Chad and I don't see our parents very often and they want to know everything the girls have been doing. I always enjoy reading your blog and I hope you will keep it as much as you can for those of us who are far away! Happy new year!