Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Monday, May 16, 2011

How does your garden grow?

We went to the greenhouse this morning, and I let the kids choose some seeds and plants. I was so looking forward to our morning, and it had its fun moments, like when Ainsley said, "It's hard to believe you're almost 6 Porter! I can't believe I've had you that long!" -Ainsley
But on our drive home, I noticed a packet of seeds for "red warty thing pumpkins," that I didn't recall paying for, so back to the greenhouse we went. Trey must have thought planting pumpkins sounded fun ;) Sorry bro, but I had let you get a tomato plant

When we got home I told the kids that I was going to lay the baby down for a nap, so we could garden together. A child came in the room when I almost had Ryker to sleep and I was not happy. That child had a natural consequence and I asked him to forgive me for how I reacted. There are times I wonder if I'm growing in my relationship with Jesus, during this busy season of mothering. But then I think about all God teaches me through mothering. Some lessons are completely wonderful, like seeing a glimpse of the love our Father has for us. Some lessons are more challenging, like patience and kind words instead of anger. . .and humility and contentment instead of pride and jealousy (just to name a few :) ). But one thing I continue to see is that it's not all about me. It's not all about them. It's all about Him. I will keep on loving my children, asking them for forgiveness when I need to, and praying that they see Him through me.

No comments: