Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Computer = Old Pictures

Dude, we got a (new) DELL! It was our Cyber Monday deal!

I now have access to old pictures of the kids, and I thought it would be fun to every once in awhile compare what Ainsley and Porter looked like at around the same age as Trey!
Ainsley Brielle: what a doll!
Porter William: what a smile!

Thank you sweet babes for napping today! And speaking of napping. . .

I present to you Trey Coleman: champion sleeper?!
Was this child rocked to sleep? No
Was this child put on my shoulder? No (I tried :) )
Did this child reach for his crib? Yes
Did this child fuss for about 1 minute and then fall alseep on his own? Yes
Did I used to rock this baby to sleep? Yes
Is this MY CHILD? Yes
Did my sister ask, "Do babies really do that?" Yes, this one does

Would I be surprised if this changes? No

If I have learned one thing in my 5 years as a parent, it is to never judge the way another mom is parenting her child!!! What works for my specific child, and for our family, may not be the same thing that works for someone elses specific child and their family.

When Ainsley was a baby, I thought she should cry for a few minutes and then fall asleep on her own. This was working for some of my other mom friends, which was great for them, but since this is my blog :) let me just say, that after AN. ENTIRE. NIGHT. OF. CRYING. from a baby who hardly ever cried, I didn't want to try this again. Maybe it would've worked, but we did not feel it was right for us at that time. And, she turned out to be a great sleeper! As a 4 yr old she still took 3 hr naps, and as a 5 yr old she always rests and sometimes still falls asleep. And no, I wasn't still helping her fall asleep. . .she eventually learned to fall asleep on her own. Thankfully, I have a VERY helpful husband. We recently had a speaker at MOPS who said, and I quote, "We just try." I loved it. As parents, we just try. We look to God, to other parents, and ultimately, we try what we feel is best for OUR FAMILY. I take delight today, in knowing that I know my children best, and that God designed them (and me) not to be perfect, but to be perfect for each other. Oh, and when I mess up, I'm glad God designed them to forgive easily when I ask for forgiveness! May I always remember to encourage other moms, and not judge them!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Okay, I think Trey looks more like Ainsley. I love old picture posts! (As you may have noticed.) I'm glad Trey is doing well for you- they are all so different, aren't they? We rocked Abbey until she was almost 3! But she could fall asleep on her own when we stopped. We are still having such a hard time figuring out what works for Elliott. Aaaaaah.

Flip-flop Mama said...

Thanks for the comment Bethany :) I'm continually trying to learn from other moms but do what works for us!!! Am glad I have mom friends like you!