Life Verse Design

Life Verse Design
Life Verse Design

Monday, April 14, 2008

"We've Got a Poke at our House!"

That's what Porter told Grammy on the phone today. The poke at our house is Trey's 1st tooth and we are all very excited about it! I don't have a pic of that little poke yet, but here's a short video of Trey discovering how to play peekaboo yesterday :) He was SO PROUD of himself and his big siblings were pretty proud to!


Saturday night we babysat for Maddie and Cohen and I got a cute shot of the girls in their nightgowns. . . .

And then Sunday Porter went grocery shopping with me and the checkout lady gave him a HUGE balloon and one for him to take home to his sister, but I just have to tell you what the checker said, because she made me chuckle. Let's start by saying she was pretty old and when she asked Porter what his big sister's name was, we said, "Ainsley." Most people say "How beautiful." Not this lady. . she said, "That's what my son wanted to name his daughter but after my response, they named her Ashley." Then she said, "But that was thirteen years ago." Atleast she was honest and made me laugh. Here's to the HUGE balloons I had to fit in my van with my groceries. . .

and Miss Ainsley Brielle, I think your name is absolutely perfect for you. . .

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Funny, isn't it great how the older generation just tell you how it is, when we had Ty my the first thing my brother said was "Where did Titus come from" Guess he didn't like it much, oh-well:)

Bethany said...

Those balloons are HUGE! Glad Porter didn't blow away in the parking lot with them. When Elliott was born, the base commander (a 3 star general) asked Chad about her at a performance, and when Chad told him the name he said, "Why would you do that?" I guess being a general entitles you to say things like that. :)